1. Sample handmade artisan chocolates at MP Chocolates in Flinders. Their stunning treats look almost too good to eat!
2. Immerse yourself in American Southern-style cooking in Red Hill with slow smoked wonders like beef brisket and pulled pork at Red Gum BBQ.
3. Take a scenic drive from Rosebud to Arthurs Seat via Cape Schanck and Flinders. Along the way you’ll find amazing look-outs, rolling hills, vineyards and rugged coastline.
4. Sip on warm cups of freshly roasted coffee accompanied by a unique coffee tasting paddle experience at Boneo Road Roasters in Rosebud.
5. Relax and unwind while bathing in hot mineral springs, where the pools are heated between 37-43 degrees, or enjoy a Turkish steam room and sauna at Peninsula Hot Springs.
6. Wander the latest exhibition at Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery or Whistlewood Gallery
7. Warm yourself from the inside out with wood fired pizzas from T’Gallant, MP Brewery or Lindenderry at Red Hill.
8. Taste locally grown olives and other gourmet treats at Green Olive at Red Hill, Harts Farm and Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove.
9. Rise at the crack of dawn to take that magical photo of the sunrise along the Flinders Pier overlooking Western Port Bay toward Phillip Island..
10. Learn how to cook from experts by taking a themed cooking class at Georgie Bass Café and Cookery. Sweet tooths will enjoy the ‘Death by Chocolate’ class, or for something healthy the ‘Patch to Plate’ and ‘Vegan and Gluten Free’ classes will delight.
11. Spend a lazy Sunday afternoon listening to live music at Hickinbotham of Dromana.
12. Pick up fresh produce from one of the many fabulous and friendly farmgates to make a hearty winter meal at home. Think vegies, meat, honey, fruits and eggs…yum!
13. Give your taste buds a sensory experience at Main Ridge Dairy sampling their lovely range of goats cheeses from their very own goat herd. Why not try a platter with a glass of wine?
14. Walk among the wallabies and have them eating straight from the palm of your hand on a visit to Moonlit Sanctuary in Pearcedale.
15. Gather your friends and explore the Beer, Cider Spirits Trail trying out craft brewery’s, cider lounges or some of the region’s most delectable gin.
16. Admire the Peninsula from it’s highest point, soaring in an enclosed weather proof gondola at Arthurs Seat Eagle
17. Step back in time and board a steam or diesel heritage train with Mornington Railway
18. Go hunting for one-off pieces enjoying a trip down memory lane as you rummage through antique and vintage stores dotted around the Mornington Peninsula.
19. Make a visit to a small cellar door for a drop of Pinot Noir or Chardonnay where you often get to talk to the very person that made your wine.
20. Get your cultural fix and see a theatre performance or live concert at Frankston Arts Centre. There is something for everyone-The Wiggles are even coming to town this winter!
21. Put on your jacket, lace up your sturdy shoes and take a stroll along the 2km looped trail in the National Trust Endeavour Fern Gully known for its remnant rainforest.
22. Sail across the bay aboard Searoad Ferries - you might even catch a glimpse of the local Burrunan dolphins! Keep an eye out for their decadent Sunday high teas and Captain’s Lunch events.
23. Feel like a big kid and lose yourself in a hedge maze at Enchanted Adventure Garden, Boneo Maze and Mini Golf or Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Garden
24. Join in a hunt for truffles in Red Hill with a specially trained truffle finding dog- hurry as the season is limited.
25. Enjoy a sheltered walk along the Balcombe Creek Boardwalk Circuit to The Briars park. This is a great option for those with prams or sharing the walk with little legs.
26. Sip cocktails while listening to live music every Sunday at Ziggis Bar in Flinders. You won’t be able to resist sampling their ocean-inspired tapas menu!
27. Pick up handmade crafts and produce at a winter makers market at Sorrento or Mornington.
28. Book in for a mid-week break at a cosy bed and breakfast. Find one with a blazing fireplace or a deep plunging hot tub to unwind in.
29. Spoil yourself and dine in one of the regions five restaurants with Chef’s Hats including; 10 Minutes by Tractor, Paringa Estate, Port Phillip Estate, Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove, and Doot Doot Doot at Jackalope
30. Browse the shops in Sorrento and make sure to take a shopping break to snack on Sorrento’s famous vanilla slice at Just Fine Food.